A former blogoholic I have stopped the blog for now. I need to focus on teaching and living my life with my best Boo and pup! See you around the cybersphere!

17 March 2006

Gracias por the Luck of the Irish!

Today is a happy day for the following reasons:

The washing machine was fixed this morning at 7:38am! :-) Gracious thanks to my friend Marla who runs UrbanReferrals.com which matches local contractors/home repair pros with people who need the help! She's a small biz owner and has made quite a fantastic business - hell she's been in the Post, Washingtonian Magazine, ReModeling Magazine, NBC4 and the list goes on. If you own a home in our metro area you should be getting contractor referrals from one website only! Oh yeah - it is a FREE service to the homeowner :-) Of course now I am on wash load #6!

Bienvenidos a Puerto Rico!
The Boo and I will be going to PR in early April - finally a couple days to get away in the sun to relax! It was a trial and tribulation to find any decently priced airfares, let alone seats! Well somehow (and I still don't know how we managed it) we got tickets on USAirways to San Juan from Orbitz PHEW. Now the cool part - the trip down will be in FIRST CLASS!!! Yup, not an upgrade, we have actual first class tickets and seats already assigned!!! WOOOO HOOO. And the PHL-SJU leg is on a 767 with those delightful Envoy class seats - ahhhhh. Do yourself a favor - check Orbitz for your next trip - it really is a great site.

And where will we stay??? Ah yes, years of saving and scrimping have yielded me quite a little booty (snicker) of Starwood Preferred Guest points (SPG.com) - which is the BEST loyalty program in the industry (especially when combined with the SPG Amex - best card in the industry). You want to know more - ask me why, it's a long explanation - just too many benefits to list here except that we will be staying at one of Puerto Rico's finest resorts - in an oceanfront room for FREE! Yup only have to pay the local taxes in a room that would normally cost $314 bucks a night! Amazing - I love SPG.

Ok it is back to laundry and chores for me. I have a lot of schoolwork to do since we will be in Chicago next weekend and for the 1st part of the following for me (trade show - didn't I get out of being a Director of Marketing???!!! :-p)

Happy St. Patrick's Day - be careful and be safe. And remember St. Patrick was ITALIAN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home