A former blogoholic I have stopped the blog for now. I need to focus on teaching and living my life with my best Boo and pup! See you around the cybersphere!

04 April 2006

Happy Gay Birthday to Me...

Today is April 4th. It is a very special day for me. I consider today to be my "gay birthday" - the day when, finally, I came out to myself. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done but it was also the most healthy and loving thing I have done for myself.

I have a long coming out story that I've written about before. I need to find the link. But 4 years later I still feel like I finally joined the ranks of the living - for 4 years I really have felt not only "alive" but happy to be so. :-)

So it is going to be a very busy and crazed day (what else is new) but I will go through it smiling and thinking of that day in San Diego 4 years ago. Ahhhh :-)

I'd be remiss to not thank all my wonderful friends, family and people who helped me over the last 4 years. Especially my Boo. I don't have the server space to write how great he is, how much fun we have or how much I love him. I just am the luckiest beagle to have him - I can't wait to go to Puerto Rico this weekend with him!!! :-) Then there are my two best friends Dbud and Mr. M - they have been going through a lot lately, but we've always been together, like a little gay family. I really can't express how much they helped me when I was coming out. I don't really want to think too much about it b/c I'll just start crying at work but they made an impression on my heart that will always be there.

I have more friends and stories to share but that is something people get to read on a daily basis... Oh dear, I hear the music playing from the orchestra pit so I will wrap up by saying thank you all, I love you guys for being there (or reading :-) it really means a lot to me! Have a great day!

Love TOS

P.S. Oh yes and like I do ever year I thank San Diego Steve - my gay angel who pulled me out to the left coast and unknowingly, out of the closet! Miss you buddy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Crap. Something ELSE to remember to buy a card for.

When will the madness end?

8:02 p.m.

 
Blogger Mr. Bartender said...

Happy gay birthday!!! :) and a big ole congratulatory hug out to you....

12:21 a.m.

 
Blogger myke said...

happy gay bday, tos. i don't wish to be dragged from the east coast .. just farther up it!

9:26 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home