In times of crisis - do like Whitney Houston

I shall be brief since I have re-entered hell(thanks to the people who commented so that people who haven't been where I work can see I am not just being a dramaqueen) and chained myself to my desk extra early today so I can go through my task list and "just do it." Did I mention yesterday that one of my senior co-workers suggested, in front of my boss no less, that I not think about things and just "get them done." I have no problem with that.
If they don't like the outcome of their sage and wise advice then they will become the latest victims of my "Flying Whitney." What? You don't know what a FW is?!?! Ahhh lemme teach it (or preach it maybe - this is from Whitney afterall):
The Flying Whitney
Put your right hand up, face your palm outward with all fingers extend, take a deep breath (well as deep as you can manage post-crack hits) bob and weave your head and do as Whitney does - Just sing-speak the first couple of words and then sing the rest in gospel style:
"No I ain't gonna deal with this today!"
Be sure to put emphasis on the no like in TLC's No Scrubs
Now you know - all who work against you and speak ill of you need be warned. It would be wrong to just issue the Flying Whitney without warning - even to the worst of people, though you can use your own judgement. I plan to tell people not to step to me today or BAM they gettin' it just like Bobby does.
And as Snap said in "The Power
"You don't want that!"
...then move on as your victim gasps for air and tries to wipe the look of shock and shame off their faces.


3 Comments:
He is the nicest person there, full of energy, super creative and can do just about anything. Plus he is the best writer (he used to help me). What more could you want? He needs a promotion and vacation not more work or lecturs.
You're great sweetie, I miss you!
11:56 a.m.
Nice to know people care even though mgmt doesn't seem to. Thanks all your mystery people (though I think I can guess who the last one was!)
12:07 p.m.
Wow.
Snap's The Power.
Talk about reminisce.
*throws hands up in the air*
5:05 p.m.
Post a Comment
<< Home